So I ordered 7lb of soybean to make my own homemade tofu, but I was also wondering what else can I do with it… I was able to find absolutely nothing online! What?! Why?
Now with all the craziness that’s going outside, the kids out of school, Coronavirus and social distancing, I had to use whatever is available in the pantry to have a quick, healthy lunch.
Soybeans are packed with iron, magnesium and vitamin B6, I think it worth trying…
I soak it overnight (don’t skip that stage!) and came with this easy vegan recipe for you to try.
Soybean Mushroom Patties:
- 1 cup overnight soaked soybeans (I sprouted them but you don’t have to)1 small onion
- 6 bella mushrooms (Texas crops ✌🏻)
- 1/3 cup ground lupin bean or flaxseed egg or 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Salt & pepper
- In food processor (I use a simple ninja blender) crush/chop the soybean. It doesn’t have to be finely chopped.
- Add in the onion & mushrooms and pulse for a few seconds
- Add all spices in and the egg of your choice (or lupin) and pulse for a short time until all combined
- Form your patties using ice cream scoop
- Spray a cookie sheet with avocado oil and place the patties on your cookie sheet. Sprinkel with dash of sesame seeds foe extra crunch
- Bake for about 20 minutes, flip your patties and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes
- Paired perfectly with a fresh Mediterranean salad seasoned with fresh lemon juice and olive oil.
- I love my patties with brown spicy mustard, make sure there is no added sugar to it.
- The taste resembles falafel thanks to the cumin in it, but you can change it to any seasoning you like and it will work great; thyme, ginger and nutmeg, smoked paprika and cumin seeds.
Lunch ready in 30 minutes? Oh yes, please!